Michael John Davies Award
Gaetano Thiene, M.D., Cardiopathologist, Emeritus Professor of Pathology
Robert Anderson, M.D., Ph.D., FCRPath
Alain Carpentier, M.D., Ph.D.
- Cezary Niszczota, Warsaw, Poland. Oral presentation: “Diagnostic problems in heterotaxy syndromes: sonography vs. autopsy”.
- Lubov Batoroeva, Irkutsk, Russia. Poster presentation: “Thereotical model of functioning of the Heart-Aorta system in the normal state and in pathology”.
- Soren Dalager, Aarhus, Denmark. Oral presentation: “Atherosclerotic plaque macrophage infiltration does not help identify coronary death individuals”.
- Kalliopi Pilichou, Padua, Italy. Oral presentation: “Myocyte necrosis as first manifestation of arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy in desmoglein-2 transgenic mice”.
- Stefania Rizzo, Padua, Italy. Poster presentation: “Acute thrombosis of coronary arteries and juvenile sudden death: the calcium score does not predict the presence of unstable atherosclerotic plaques”.
- Adam Koles ́nik, Warsaw, Poland. Oral presentation: “Morphometry of the fetal atrioventricular septum in Spatio-Temporal Image Correlation (STIC) 4D echocardiography-preliminary data
- Matthijs van Oosterhout, Utrecht, The Netherlands. Poster presentation: “Stretch induced signaling in cardiomyocytes is dependent of extracellular matrix composition but not dependent on integrin-beta subtype”
- Ivana Kholova, Kuopio, Finland. Poster presentation: “The arrangement of lymphatic vessels in human hearts in childhood, adulthood and ischemia”.
- Jeremias Wohlschlager, Essen, Germany. Oral presentation: “Roles of cyclo oxygenase-2 and phosphorylated Akt (THR 308) in cardiac hypertrophy mediated by left ventricular unloading”.
- Elisa Carturan, Padua, Italy. Oral presentation: “Evaluation of different DNA extraction methods in archival heart tissue for postmortem mutation analysis”.